This easy saltine cracker toffee is so simple, your kids can do it! Or at least be part of the process. This is a treat we normally make with chocolate chips instead of the pretty pink and white chocolates, but with Valentine’s Day coming up, why not make it all themed!? This is an older version of my recipe, I’ve since modified.
As a kid, when my mother made us this treat, I thought we were the only ones! I truly believed it was a dessert my mother made just for us, because she loved us. But we also made an effort to do things cost effective, so somewhere deep down, I believed making dessert with Saltines was just a cheap thing to do, to save money. I mean, it is.. but it’s so yummy!
Make Valentine Saltine Cracker Toffee!
Valentine Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Package Saltine Crackers
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate (Melting bits or chocolate chips)
- 1 Oz Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray and line the crackers on the tray in a single layer
- In a sauce pan on the stove, melt the butter and brown sugar until boiling. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over the saltine crackers, spreading over the crackers using a metal spoon sprayed with cooking spray
- Place in oven for 5-6 minutes, noting it will be bubbling when you remove it
- sprinkle chocolate chips or for a holiday like Valentines Day, pink melting chocolate bits and wait until they get soft enough to spread. Spread the chocolate, coating the toffee
- Place in the fridge to cool. Once cool, break apart and enjoy!
Get Your Ingredients!
These ingredients are super affordable and cheap, and you may even have them on hand. But I did order the chocolate candy melts from Amazon. You can get them HERE. . You can also get fun Valentine sprinkles too! Check these ones out….
I really hope you and your family give this a try, if you haven’t before. The salty cracker and sweet toffee are a match made in heaven!