Every Halloween, I’m always looking for spooky fun for our family, but I’m also looking for fun that isn’t scary! The LA Zoo’s, ‘Boo At The Zoo,’ Is just that. It’s safe, spooky fun for the whole family to enjoy. And we get to enjoy a fabulous zoo at the same time!
What Is The Boo At The Zoo?
From October 1st through the 27th, the LA Zoo spooks up their normal game where they have everything from a pumpkin patch maze, kids’ games and animal encounters to crafts, Halloween photo ops and special animal feedings. And don’t forget trick or treating at the zoo on October 19th and 20th and 26th and 27th.
LA Boo At The Zoo Daily Activities
- Spooky Stroll – Enter, if you dare, and discover Halloween games, a mini pumpkin patch, frightfully Boo-tiful photo ops, and more. Visit the Extinct Animal Graveyard to honor dearly departed species and learn how you can help save at-risk wildlife today.
- Mystery Maze – Find your way through this cool hay-bale labyrinth and try to avoid “dead” ends!
- Boo Bird Show – Witness fascinating behaviors of some of nature’s most mysterious and misunderstood flying fauna – owls and vultures – at a special Halloween edition of our popular World of Birds Show at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. every day but Tuesday. Schedule subject to change due to weather.
- Animals & Boo – Get up close to creepy critters – so close, in fact, you may even get to touch them at 10: 45, 11:45 a.m., with an additional show at 12:45 p.m. on weekend days.
- The LAIR – Come face-to-face with rare snakes, poisonous frogs, and venomous lizards. No decorations required for this goose bump-inducing excursion! Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wild, Weird, and Wonderful Tour – Explore the Zoo to find wacky, creepy, or funny facts about some of your favorite animals and those that might be new to you.
LA Boo At The Zoo Weekends
- Swazzle’s Monster Menagerie Puppet Show – Help a lonely mad scientist create the ultimate trick-or-treating buddy by combining animal “superpowers.” Performances in Adventure Theater at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- “Spooktacular Science” Show – Discover bubbling potions, a hovercraft-powered ghost, and more fun surprises in a mad scientist’s bustling lab. Performances in Adventure Theater at 3 p.m.
- Green-Screen Photo Booth – Get a snap of yourself among some of our most Halloween-y critters.
- Creature Craft – Bring a toilet paper roll from home to create your own cute-and-creepy bat. (Toilet paper roll suggested, not required, for participation.)
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
October 19/20 and 26/27 Only
- Trick-or-treating – Find treat stations throughout the Zoo, with treats and bags courtesy of 99 Cents Only Stores! Available while supplies last.