A Lemon Pie with Girl Scout Cookie Crust might just be your new favorite dessert. Girl Scout cookies have been a part of our lives for many years, as I was a Girl Scout leader and had two daughters in the program. After every cookie season, we definitely start to get creative with the cookies we have left. And normally, the last to go in our home were the Trefoils. Trefoils are the Girl Scout’s Shortbread cookie…and they’re easy to use for any crust!
Another item we have so much of right now are lemons! And not just any lemon, we have a dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree in our Burbank backyard that is ever bearing…and I mean it. It’s always producing lemons. I feel very blessed. This year already I’ve made my share of Lemon Bars, Cookies, Cakes, Curd and well, anything that requires lemon!
My family agrees that this lemon pie is the best thing I’ve made so far. And if it’s not the best, then it’s a close second to our Lemon Bars. And you can get that recipe HERE. This recipe is really easy to make and super easy to make ahead of time. And get this…the bake time is only 10 minutes! You can do this!
We are lucky enough to have a lemon tree in our Southern California backyard. But you can probably find lemons (I prefer Meyer) at your local grocery store or Farmer’s Market. I don’t recommend using bottled juice, but hey, if it’s all you have access to, go for it! (And then let me know how it turned out!)
Lemon Pie With Trefoil Girl Scout Cookie Crust
- 9" Pie Dish
- 1 1/2 Cups Crushed Trefoil Cookies (Almost 2 sleeves)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
Lemon Pie Filling
- 2 Cans 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 2/3 Cup Lemon Juice (Fresh Is Best!)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Whipped Topping Cool Whip Preferred! (But whatever you like!)
- Combine the crushed cookie crust, butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Mix together and press into a 9" pie dish.
- Bake crust for 8-9 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Mix well for 3-4 minutes. (You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer)
- Pour into baked cookie crust
- Bake pie for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Chill pie in fridge for 2 hours.
- When you're ready to serve the pie, top with whipped cream.