I have seen first hand what they do to help and I am humbled by any organization that reaches out to our own community.
Some of the services that BTAC provides are these:
- Groceries from BTAC’s Food Pantry.
- Daily sack lunches for the homeless.
- Monthly Senior Food Distribution program.
- Assistance with utility bills.
- Transportation assistance.
- ID/License replacement program.
- Limited medical assistance.
- Limited emergency shelter, via a voucher program with cooperating businesses in the area.
- A place to wash up for the homeless, they didn’t cheap out on this service, they have the best shower head systems installed.
- Laundry facilities for the homeless and other clients.
- Holiday “Santa’s Room” gift program for needy children.
They are having a “Tea Party.” Basically, they need financial donations, and after you send in your donation, they ask that you sit and have some tea. Use the time to relax, enjoy and feel good knowing you’re helping your neighbors and friends in the community.
Recently, the requests for BTAC services have quadrupled and their resources are being stretched, to say the very least.
If you feel it in your heart to help and would like to sit in on this lovely Non-Event Tea Party…please send in any donation today!
Burbank Temporary Aid Center
1304 Burbank Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91506