Universal Studio’s Holidays are here with an experience of Grinchmas, Wizarding World magic and more Butterbeer than anyone truly needs. And it’s all just there, waiting for you! The whimsical spirit of the holidays transforms Universal Studios Hollywood into a winter wonderland bringing merriment and cheer to families and friends this festive season as the theme park ushers in seasonal favorites, “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “Grinchmas,” beginning Thursday, November 26 and running daily through January 9th, 2022.
- “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” dazzling light show nightly
- A cappella Frog Choir featuring Hogwarts students who perform their harmonized holiday themed songs
- Holiday-themed fare, including hot butterbeer available at “Three Broomsticks”
- Meet and greets with The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and a roster for Who-ville Whos
- Topsy-turvy “Grinchmas” tree, twisting and turning over 65 feet in height with nightly tree lighting accompanied by a snowfall flurry
- Visit the Who-vile Post Office to write and send a postcard to The Grinch. For every postcard mailed, Universal Studios Hollywood’s Discover a Star Foundation will make a donation to School on Wheels which benefits homeless youth in Southern California.
Universal Studios Holidays & Grinchmas!
An all-new state-of-the-art, topsy-turvy “Grinchmas” tree, twisting and turning over 55 feet in height and adorned with hundreds of ornaments and thousands of white and multi-colored LED lights choreographed to music, brightens the merry “Grinchmas” Who-lebration. Dazzling “Grinchmas” tree lighting ceremonies that take place every evening, accompanied by a snowfall flurry, bring this annual favorite to life, creating a festival of fun fit for The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and a roster of Who-ville Whos.
Whenever you’re at Wizarding World Hollywood, make sure you get the butterbeer! This time around, I tried the hot butterbeer and I’m never, ever going back to the cold stuff. Okay, not really, I’ll drink it all, but that warm butterbeer is one of the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted!
An annual family tradition, “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” adds holiday warmth and cheer to this beloved land as the quaint town of Hogsmeade village is enchanted with seasonal décor uniquely themed to each of the individual storefronts and a dazzling light projection spectacular brings the iconic Hogwarts™ castle to life.
As night falls on Hogsmeade village, “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle” illuminates Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with colorful imagery and impressive dimensional animations that dance across Hogwarts castle in tandem to a musical arrangement from the Harry Potter movies.
More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.
Admission to Universal CityWalk is free. More information available at www.CityWalkHollywood.com.