I have lived in Los Angeles for many years now and this is the first year I’ve known about the Holiday Celebration the Los Angeles County Arts Commission presents in conjunction with KCET.
A couple of weeks ago, my two older children and I were invited to go watch the rehearsals of the individual acts at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion. Of course the day went haywire and we were only there to watch the last 5 groups perform…but if those last 5 groups are an indication of how this show will go, we are in for a treat! (Again, this is something everyone in Los Angeles already knows…I’m just now tuning in, as this is it’s 54th year!)
I was covered in goosebumps listening to a small group of gospel singers with insanely big voices fill the room. Lorenzo Johnson and Praizum will surely get you into the spirit of Christmas and I’m excited to see what they do on live television. (See a short clip of rehearsal below) My son couldn’t take his eyes off of the Ate9 dANCE cOMPANY. This group of very talented artists had us captivated in rehearsal. They are so professional and so fluid in motion. It was just beautiful. I love how such impeccable choreographed dance can so clearly tell a story in minutes. Love it.
This is one of the very best things about living in Southern California..the diversity!
This Christmas Eve, if you and your family would like to attend this event…it’s Free. Parking is Free and there are no reservations necessary.
See all of the details below!
Lorenzo Johnson & Praizum
Colburn Children’s Choir and Young Men’s Chorus
The 54th Annual KCET Holiday Celebration Presented By
The LA County Arts Commission!
Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013 from
3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Broadcast Live on KCET-TV
- Performed at the Music Center
- Streamed Live at KCET.org
- Doors open at 2:30 p.m. (although the line forms much earlier, and entertainment on the Music Center plaza begins at noon.)
- Patrons may come and go throughout the three-hour performance
- Reservations for tickets to the show or parking are not necessary
- Those who can’t make it to The Music Center can watch the live broadcast from 3 p.m.-6 p.m. on KCET-TV or stream it at www.kcet.org. The KCET broadcast repeats from 8 p.m.-11 p.m., and again on Dec. 25 at 12 p.m., 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Over 20 performing artists from across Los Angeles County
- Sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
- Produced by the Los Angeles County Arts Commission
- Live telecast on KCET is produced by CDK Productions
Dorothy Chandler Pavilion at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles 90012
Information hotline: (213) 972-3099 or www.HolidayCelebration.org
FREE in the Music Center parking garage
- The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has sponsored this admission free show for the people of the County every December 24 since 1959. The Holiday Celebration has taken place at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion since 1964. The program honors the spirit of many cultures and holiday traditions through music, song and dance.