Backpacks. This is a product in which I have learned, you get what you pay for. In the middle of my eldest child’s kindergarten year, I picked up on the fact that the $11 backpack I got for her wasn’t going to last until Christmas. So, I decided to do a little research and invest in a nicer bag that would last.
Now, I have a deal with my kids…I get the good bags and they have to use them for two years.
We homeschooled for the past two years, so my kids didn’t need to get one (we used the nice ones we had purchased for traditional school prior, which showed no sign of wear) but this year, my kids are headed to public school and back packs are in order. There are so, so SOOOO many choices for bags for your kids, these are our top 5 bags we love!
This post contains affiliate links If you click on these links and then purchase from that company, I will receive a small commission. That commission is used to pay for this site. You never pay more for for the product, the commission comes from the regular retail price. By using my affiliate links, it’s kind of like tipping me. My opinions are always my own.
5. High Sierra – This is a very decent bag for great prices. High Sierra makes a variety of colors and you can definitely get these on Amazon and right now, Costco has them too! These are very practical bags that will last for a low cost.
4. Eddie Bauer – My college backpack was an Eddie Bauer…and I still have it and use it. I won’t even tell you how long ago that was. These bags last…if you spend a little more, you can get a back that could last the rest of High School. You can get very affordable EB bags…and also very expensive ones.
3. Jan Sport – These are probably the most popular bags I see. And with Jansport, you can get a $20 bag all the way up to a whopping $80! My daughter chose a Jansport this year for 7th grade, and we got it for about $40 at JCPenney.
2. Lands End – Lands End knows their gear. They’re an outdoor company that make good, quality products. The average price here is about $40 for a bag…and they are worth it! Right now, I think they’ve got 20% off…worth checking out!
1. Pottery Barn Kids – These bags are my absolute favorite backpacks ever. I mean it. The bags, the lunch boxes…they are spectacular and hold up for 2 solid years (longer if my kids didn’t get annoyed with the same pattern after that long) with all the stuff my kids have put them through. And, they have really fun designs right now…like Wonder Woman!! This is an investment into a product for your kids, but this one will last a very long time. There is nothing skimpy on the quality of these products.