There are so many ways we can cool off and have a splash in SoCal and LEGOLAND California is one of the best ways to do it!
This summer, the LEGOLAND California Resort is unveiling a brand new attraction (and more) to their Waterpark! (See below for all the details you’ll need to cool off at LEGOLAND California Water Park)
I am so excited to be partnering with LEGOLAND California to bring you all the information from this Southern California destination. I look forward to keeping you in the loop all year long!
Surfers’ Cove is the newest California beach-themed expansion of LEGOLAND® Water Park opening June 30th!
Surfers’ Cove features six water slides extending 100-feet where guests can jump on mats and race against each other for the fastest time on Riptide Racers water slides. After competing, racers can pose with a LEGO winner’s trophy for a photo opportunity to prove they won the race! Kids can enjoy Wipeout Lagoon — an epic “spray ground” where multiple water jets splash on and off creating a wave effect.
Plus, LEGOLAND Water Park’s culinary team has created Beach Street Tacos to add to this surfer-themed area. And, of course, cool LEGO models add to the beach theme including LEGO surfers, LEGO seagulls, LEGO crabs and a LEGO lifeguard. A surfing dog model sits on top of a wave at the peak of Riptide Racers perhaps as a “judge” to see which racer reaches the bottom quickest!
I was given a behind the scenes tour of the construction site for this new attraction and I was blown away to hear that all of the waterpark at LEGOLAND has 75% of it built underground! That’s amazing!
LEGOLAND California offers more than 60 interactive rides, shows and attractions, as well as restaurants, shopping and beautiful landscape features specifically geared for families with children ages 2 to 12.
LEGOLAND® Water Park is located at the north end of LEGOLAND® California adjacent to Fun Town. The entrance is located between the Factory Tour and the Adventurer’s Club.
The centerpiece of LEGOLAND Water Park is a 45-foot-tall tower designed to immerse children in the creative world of LEGO®. The four main slides originate with this tower. And now…all the details you need to make it a great day!
Attractions inside LEGOLAND Waterpark for your kids to enjoy:
Splash Zoo: An interactive area for toddlers featuring giant DUPLO Zoo animals – including a lion, a giraffe and a zebra – plus interactive spray pads, fountains and a teeter totter, all geared specifically for guests ages 1 to 3
Orange Rush: A family tube slide where up to four people can ride together down a 312-foot-long curving track on an 11-foot in diameter half pipe
Twin Chasers: Two side-by-side enclosed red tube slides that stretch nearly 130 feet and pour into a wading area below
Splash Out: An open body slide that invites guests to slide 240 feet and “splash out” into the water below
Build-A-Raft River: A one-of-a-kind concept where kids customize their own raft made of soft LEGO bricks before floating down a lazy river
DUPLO® Splash Safari: A water play area designed especially for toddlers with three small slides and interactive DUPLO® characters modeled after the actual pieces found in LEGO sets: an alligator, polar bear and an elephant
Kid Creek: A lazy river within DUPLO® Splash Safari built with younger kids in mind
Joker Soaker: A fun interactive platform in the wade pool where kids can aim water cannons at each other as a LEGO jester model “tells” jokes while 350 gallons of water pour down upon them
Imagination Station: Interactive, educational and imaginative fun! There are two interactive tables where kids can build bridges, dams and cities out of DUPLO bricks and test them against the flow of water or control the flow of water by creating patterns out of LEGO elements. In another area, a musical water stand with a series of holes on top that squirt water allows kids to become conductors of their own water symphony as they cover holes creating new music notes.
Orange Rush: Minimum 42” – Seats up to four (two adults max) with 750 lb weight limit
Twin Chasers and Splash Out: Minimum 42” with 300 lb weight limit
Kid Creek: Children under 42” must be supervised by an adult
Duplo Splash Safari: Children under 42” must be accompanied by an adult
Duplo Splash Safari Slides: Children under 6 years of age must be supervised by an adult and must be able to walk to enjoy the three slides. The two red slides have a maximum weight of 200 lbs. The yellow slide has a maximum weight of 800 lbs. allowing up to four people to slide together.
Build-A-Raft River: Children under 42” must be accompanied by an adult
Additional restrictions may apply.
The Beach Front Grill:
The Beach Front Grill is a beach-themed quick service restaurant specializing in gourmet burritos and wraps. Other menu items include sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit and quesadillas.
- There are 19 cabanas located throughout the Water Park available to rent.
- Rates vary depending on the season but begin as low as $95 in off season (March/April/May)
- Up to six people per Cabana and $10.00 per each additional person. 8 total guests per Cabana
- Cabanas come stocked with 10 complimentary beverages; water, juice and soda , 2 complimentary LEGOLAND Water Park Towels , 1 complimentary tote bag, 1 full-size family locker rental in Water Park locker area, 2 chaise lounges, 2 seating chairs, 1 table with DUPLO bricks for play and 1 mini-fridge
- Cabanas may be rented online, at Guest Services at the Water Park or call 760-438-5346
Lockers, Family Dryer, Changing Rooms and Showers:
- There are 600 lockers available to store personal belongings. Family-sized lockers are available for $14. Medium-sized lockers are available for $10.
- There is one Family Dryer available at the front of the Park – it holds up to four people at one time and costs $5 per use.
Lifejackets, Flotation Devices and Sand Toys:
- Complimentary lifejackets of all sizes are available free of charge for guests to use while visiting LEGOLAND Water Park. Guests are permitted to bring and use their own lifejackets only if they are U.S. Coast Guard approved.
- Rafts and inner tubes are provided to LEGOLAND Water Park guests. No outside flotation devices are permitted.
- No outside chairs or umbrellas are permitted inside LEGOLAND Water Park.
- For guests age 3 and up, LEGOLAND Water Park is a $30 upgrade from the standard LEGOLAND California admission and is included in the price of Water Park Hopper tickets and Resort Hopper tickets.
- For toddlers ages 1 and 2, Water Park admission is $5.
- Water Park admission is also included in annual Resort Memberships.
LEGOLAND California Admission: $95 for adults, $89 for children 3 to 12
Water Park Hopper Pass: $116 for adults, $110 for children 3 to 12
Resort One Day Hopper: $119 for adults, $113 for children 3 to 12 and seniors (includes LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Water Park and SEA LIFE Carlsbad)
- LEGOLAND Water Park was the world’s first LEGO themed Water Park
- LEGOLAND Water Park is the single biggest addition to LEGOLAND California since the Park Opened in 1999 at 5.5 acres
- There are 22 LEGO models throughout LEGOLAND Water Park, five of them are jumbo LEGO friends who stand 6-feet-tall and weigh about 250 pounds.
- The jumbo LEGO friends include a surfer, a lifeguard and a fisherman. They are unusual in that they are piped to splash and spray water onto guests exploring the lazy river.
- The alligator, elephant and polar bear in the DUPLO Splash Safari are giant-scale replicas of the DUPLO animals that come in LEGO sets
- Trash cans, recycling bins and benches throughout the Water Park are made of recycled milk jugs. There are 18 benches made of 800 of the plastic jugs each; there are 20 trash cans and 20 recycling bins, each made of 330 milk jugs. This is just one of many green initiatives on behalf of LEGOLAND California’s Green Wave Committee.